Parents of missing man launch a public appeal with Coquitlam RCMP
2019-06-05 11:00 PDT
File # 2019-4952
View a higher-resolution photo
Ron and Darlene McAuley want their son to come home.
Ryan McAuley has not been seen since 10:00 a.m. on February 15, 2019, when he was recorded on security video at a retail store in the 11000 block of 200 Street, Maple Ridge.
Please come home, or you can just call us on the phone, says Ron McAuley.
We love you, your family loves you and misses you.
McAuley is wanted on a BC Mental Health Act warrant. He’s not believed to be a danger to anyone else but we need to make sure he’s safe, says Corporal Michael McLaughlin with Coquitlam RCMP.
We also need the public to be aware that he could be anywhere. When he’s gone missing in the past he has hitchhiked his way as far as Alberta, Manitoba and even Ontario.
Coquitlam RCMP’s Missing Persons Unit has been working full-time to find McAuley:
- Regular checks of hospitals and shelters,
- Monitoring of international border crossings,
- Contacting taxi services,
- Checking personal phones and computers and social media,
- Examining financial and banking information,
- Taking and monitoring DNA samples,
- Reviewing video and speaking to witnesses.
Even when McAuley has gone missing in the past, there was usually activity and indications that led to his whereabouts. This time, McAuley has left no trace.
McAuley is described as:
- A 34-year-old Caucasian male,
- 6’0 (183 cm), 240 lbs (109 kg),
- Light brown hair and wears glasses.
Our son is important to us, says Darlene McAuley.
His birthday is coming up and it would mean a lot to us if he could come home.
If you have seen McAuley, or you have information about where he might be found, call the dedicated Coquitlam RCMP tipline for this file (2019-4952) at 1-877-687-3377.
Cpl. Michael McLaughlinMedia Relations Officer
2986 Guildford Way, Coquitlam, BC V3B 7Y5
- Date modified: