RCMP seeking additional victims in an investigation involving a Summerland man
2019-05-16 13:12 PDT
File # 2018-19385
In November 2018, Penticton RCMP received information which sparked a child sexual assault and pornography investigation involving a long time employee of a Summerland recreation facility.
Edward Casavant, 54, of Penticton, was arrested on an outstanding warrant yesterday (May 15, 2019) and has been charged with 10 counts relating to incidents between 2008 and 2014, including.
- 2 counts of making or publishing child pornography
- 1 count of importing or distributing child pornography
- 1 count of possession of child pornography
- 1 count of accessing child pornography
- 1 count of secretly observe/record nudity in private place
- 1 count of sexual exploitation of a person with a disability
- 1 count of sexual assault
- 1 count of sexual interference of person under 16
- 1 count of Invitation to sexual touching under 16
Casavant, also known as Eddie Spaghetti, was employed as a lifeguard for over 30-years, beginning in the late 1980’s. Police believe Casavant used his position to gain access to school aged children. In addition, he volunteered as a lifeguard at various local summer camps and other community events and may have had access to children in this capacity.
RCMP are releasing a photo of Casavant in order to further investigative efforts and identify additional victims.
While we have identified at least two victims, we strongly believe there are additional victims who may not have already reported, or may not be aware they are a victim. We are asking anyone who believes that they have information on this matter to report to their police of jurisdiction, or to call the Penticton RCMP tip line at (250) 276-2177, states Cpl. Chris Manseau, BC RCMP Media Relations Officer.
Cpl. Chris ManseauDivision Media Relations Officer
BC RCMP Communication Services
14200 Green Timbers Way, Surrey, BC V3T 6P3 - Mailstop #1608
- Date modified: