About RCMP in B.C.
The BC RCMP, or "E" Division, is the largest Division in the RCMP, with approximately one-third of the entire force located in British Columbia. We proudly provide municipal, provincial and federal policing in areas that range from isolated Aboriginal communities and coastal villages to major cities. We are honoured to be the police force of choice for the province and the communities of British Columbia.
Our job is to preserve the peace, uphold the law and provide the best possible police service with the ultimate goal of keeping our communities across BC safe. It is our commitment to deliver this service with honesty, integrity, compassion, respect, accountability and professionalism. These are more than six words. They are six values that we hold dear to our hearts as an organization.
- The BC RCMP consists of approximately 8,400 employees, of which 6,500 are police officers.
- We police 99% of the geographic area of BC
- 72% of BC citizens live in RCMP jurisdictions.
- There are 144 BC RCMP detachments, serving 150 municipalities
- 121 First Nations communities are served by the BC RCMP.
- We answer more than 1 million calls for service in a year.
Please check our Police Services and Detachments pages for more information on the range of services we provide, from school liaisons to Air Services.
Connecting with you
We want to connect with you and we welcome your input and feedback.
- Contact us by e-mail with your questions, concerns and suggestions.
- Join the conversation on Facebook @ facebook.com/bcrcmpnews
- Follow us on twitter.com/bcRCMP
These tools are effective ways of getting timely information to you. In addition to general public safety information and emerging issues, we are using these tools as a means of alerting the public of immediate safety concerns and unfolding events such as Amber Alerts, evacuations, missing persons, road closures, among others.
- Date modified: