Victoria Day Weekend - Canada Road Safety
2020-05-20 08:42 PDT
File # 2020-Traffic
Langley RCMP participated in the 'Canada Road Safety Week' initiative from May 12th through 18th, ensuring motorists got to their destinations safely during the Victoria Day weekend. Officers conducted a series of static enforcement and roving patrols, targeting the infractions that have potential for serious harm, or worse.
- 1 90-day ADP, and Criminal charges, for refusing an Approved Screening Device Demand.
- 2 90-day Immediate Roadside Prohibitions (IRP) for over 100 mg% of alcohol.
- 1 3-day IRP
- 1 24-hr suspension for alcohol
- 3 prohibited drivers
- 2 drive without due care/consideration
- 23 speeding tickets
- 13 seat belt tickets
- 11 cell phones
- 8 intersection-related violations
- 25 equipment violations (most common were cracked windshields and tinted windows)
- 9 vehicles sent for inspection
- 20 other administrative charges (no license, no insurance, etc)
Officers will continue to focus on driving behaviours that risk the safety of all road users. As we see more traffic returning to our roadways with businesses and schools re-opening, motorists should obey the rules (LAWS) of the road to ensure everyone’s safety.
Cpl. Holly LargyMedia Relations Officer
Langley RCMP Detachment - "Connected with our Community"
langley.rcmp-grc.gc.ca (English only)
22180 - 48A Avenue, Langley, BC V3A 8B7
- Date modified: