Explosive Disposal and Chemical/Biological/Radiological/Nuclear Response Unit (EDU/CBRN)
E Division EDU / CBRN has been disposing of explosives and resolving dangerous situations in a variety of locations - from busy urban centers to remote and isolated communities.
The Unit is comprised of full time, highly trained Police Explosives Technicians who are outfitted with state of the art specialized equipment and are capable of dealing with a multitude of Explosives / CBRN related emergencies.
EDU/CBRN not only plays a vital role in protecting the public and property but also provides education to its partners and expert testimony in support of explosives / CBRN related investigations.
Unit's capabilities include:
- render safe explosive devices,
- conduct post blast investigations,
- mitigate and investigate CBRN events,
- provide operational support to the Emergency Response Teams (ERT),
- support explosives / CBRN related investigations,
- support Protective Services by providing specialized security searches,
- dispose of explosives, ammunition and fireworks,
- provide training for partners and further public relations.
- Date modified: