Victim Services is a free and confidential service that provides police initiated crisis intervention support and referrals to victims of crime and trauma 24 hours a day, 7 days a week .
Our specially-trained staff and volunteers assist clients who have been impacted by a wide range of incidents including:
- acute family problems
- domestic violence
- elder abuse
- property and violent crime
- sudden death
- sexual assault
After a crime has been committed, Victim Services staff continue to assist by helping clients understand and exercise their victim rights as they navigate through the criminal justice system.
- crisis intervention
- ongoing support, guidance and follow up
- group debriefing
- status of the police investigation
- general information about the criminal justice system
- case-specific court updates
- counselling services
- community agencies for advocacy or specialized support
- other police or victim services agencies
- crime prevention programs
- agencies for legal assistance with civil matters
- safety planning
- liaising with Police and Crown Counsel
- court orientation and accompaniment
- assistance with the completion of Victim Impact Statements
- assistance with the completion of Crime Victim Assistance Program applications
Victim Services are also able to arrange emergency food, clothing and shelter for qualifying victims of fires, floods and earthquakes as part of the provincial Emergency Social Services (ESS) program.
To contact Coquitlam RCMP Victim Services please call 604-945-1585.
- Date modified: