If you require a Criminal Record Check for a job application or volunteering position, please come to the Front Counter of the main Detachment. No appointment is necessary.
- Criminal Record Check services are provided during all hours the Front Desk is open.
- The fee for a Criminal Record Check is $55.00 payable by Cash, Interac, Visa or MasterCard.
- If your Criminal Record Check is for a volunteer position, the above noted fee may be waived. You will be required to provide a letter from the agency requesting the check that verifies your Criminal Record Check is for a volunteer position.
- You must be a resident of North Vancouver. Proof of your North Vancouver address and two pieces of government issued identification (one photo ID) is required. Your Care Card and Social Insurance Number Card will not be accepted as identification. If you do not have two pieces of acceptable identification, you must apply at the appropriate government office. Please note Criminal Record Checks will no longer be forwarded to employers. The process will typically take approximately 4 - 6 weeks depending on the volume of checks being processed at any given time, however, this time frame is not guaranteed.
- In some cases, further fingerprinting may be required to complete and verify the check. A $25.00 fee in the form of a Money Order payable to "The Receiver General of Canada", must be included. (additional fee required for paid positions only - volunteer's are free) This additional process will add a delay to your application.